March 18, 2020
BOSS 2020 Attendee Update

Dear BOSS 2020 Attendees,

We already announced that we would be postponing BOSS from our original weekend in April, a choice that was difficult but necessary as things have only worsened since then. We hoped to have more concrete details for you already, but as our venues are struggling to adjust and schedule as well, our status going forward leaves you with three options:

  1. For groups or individuals who would like to request a refund now, you may do so by emailing Angela Huang and including your order number.
  2. If you would like to attend BOSS 2020 when it is rescheduled, you can do nothing and your passes will be valid for the new dates; once new dates are finalized and announced, if you are unable to attend, you can always request a refund at that point.
  3. If you aren’t sure of your future plans, or you don’t think you’ll be able to make it when we reschedule, you can let us know you’d like to treat your purchase as a donation to CASA, an arts nonprofit that can always use your support.

Given that the Scholastic Competition could be affected by a change in dates and attendance, we will announce details as soon as those are finalized; after that point, we may accept additional competitors (from previous submissions) or re-open applications.

If you have any questions regarding the festival itself, please reach out to Alexander Koutzoukis or Meron Mogos. We appreciate your excitement and patience as we all deal with this unprecedented situation, and look forward to making music together soon.

March 11, 2020
A Message Regarding BOSS 2020

The Boston Sings and CASA teams have been closely monitoring the ongoing situation with the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) and its associated disease (COVID-19), and as we have received some questions, we felt it was necessary to update all attendees and fans as clearly as possible.

As of the week of March 9th, we were proceeding with preparations as planned, but the closure of all area universities – in particular Tufts University, home to our classes and workshops – has made this an incredibly difficult situation for us. Instead of pursuing other avenues in the area for the weekend of April 3rd, and potentially putting our attendees at risk in the midst of this pandemic, we feel that the responsible decision is to turn our efforts to a postponement of the event.

It’s devastating for us to think that all the hard work of so many musicians would go unseen, so we want to be clear that we are not looking at this as a cancellation of BOSS 2020. We will be following up with more information regarding rescheduled dates and ticket accommodations as soon as possible. An update on the announcement of Contemporary A Cappella Recording Awards​ winners will be forthcoming, but as the live ceremony is part of BOSS weekend, it will unfortunately not be taking place as scheduled on April 5th.

In the meantime, please follow the CDC’s guidelines to stay safe, and help lift our spirits by making some music (at a safe distance!) and sharing some songs to wash your hands to.